AVENGERS WELCOME YOU!
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Avengers mentor young men and women through sports programming and life-skills education. No matter where we are, an Avenger will foster a fair positive safe environment using respect for others, self-confidence, and leadership.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Creating a world where villages raise our children through mentoring, empowering them to be successful adults, and in turn, build loving compassionate communities. As we influence the thought patterns of our youth we will change the world and create unlimited possibilities.
The main objective is equipping youth with Life and Athletic S.K.I.L.L.S to survive:
We provide a fair positive safe environment, which keeps youth consistent in our programs, giving them more access to the skills needed to be sustainable.
We expose youth to an array of information and resources, making them knowledgeable of their opportunities.
We utilize programs designed to enhance youth interpersonal skills, helping to build relationships and communication between people.
While utilizing empathy, we have a redirection strategy that holds youth accountable, highlighting that they are liable for their actions.
Through charity work and fun outings, youth have great experiences and develop likable personalities.
Throughout the process of our programs, youth will acquire essential life skills, making them suitable for their career goals.
AVENGERS COMMUNITY GARDEN
HEALTH & WELLNESS PROJECT
FIFTH WARD (Houston, Texas 77026)
Sponsored by: JD Finish Line Foundation
JD SPORTS FINISH LINE!
Avengers Youth Mentoring Organization would like to send a special thanks to JD Sports Finish Line for sponsoring a free shopping spree for (5) of our young people. 8/8/2023
What a wonderful experience! Just in time for school.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR SUPPORT!
Please click one of the links below to make a contribution to Avengers Youth Mentoring Organization.
Avengers Youth Mentoring Organization is Now an Approved Vendor for HISD
Supplier ID# 105554
PROGRAMS WE OFFER AT HISD
Mentor Coordinator for Young Ladies
Kiarra Moore, Alpha Kappa Alpha Soroity Inc.
True Girls Mentoring
Mentor Coordinator for Young Men
Dabney Hicks, President of Hicks Training
Lunch With A Mentor
● Each mentor will be paired with the same 10 students per grade level twice a week.
● Each session, the mentor will have the same students repeated to establish consistency and build relationships with their fellow mentees.
● The ten mentees per grade level twice a week will be preselected by the school's counselors.
● Once a week, mentors will gather their mentees from their respective lunch hours and convene in a private room chosen by the school.
Having students in this separate environment will remove distractions and foster a secure environment where students feel free to express their true selves and become more open to participating.
● During this lunch hour, students and their mentor will eat while having discussions that are centered around our T.H.I.N.K method (Teach youth life responsibility, Help youth make better life choices, Instill the importance of respect for others, Navigate the path to higher education, and Keep youth growing with opportunities for leadership).
● Mentors will work with educators to assess the evidence of each student's academic and social development. This will include:
○ Students' attention during class
○ How they work with others
○ Their responsibility with their homework and project
○ Their willingness to collaborate with others and seek assistance when needed.
● This information will be collected in survey form at the beginning, middle, and end of the school year. We will collect responses from both educators and the students themselves.
Calen Anderson, University of St. Thomas Student Athlete
Emmit Vaugh, President of Cold Blooded Consulting, LLC
I am so grateful for
As I reflect on the time I worked with Avengers, one word that comes to mind is "grateful." This organization gives youth the opportunity to experience so many new and fun things that will not only create sentimental memories but will also prepare them for a brighter future.
Luka Griffith, Detroit, MI
Mr. Dean and Avengers Summer Program was a true blessing for my grandsons that were here visiting with me for summer 2021. From the 1srt day until the last day, Mr. Dean and his staff were committed to providing them all with an amazing and unforgettable experience. We look forward to being repeat Avengers!!!
-Cherie Goolsby, Houston, TX
My grandsons Kai'Jon and Ja'Kai loved the Avengers Summer Program with Mr. dean and his crew, and they can't wait to get back to Houston, Texas from Columbus, Ohio for the '22 Summer Program!
-Kim Drew, Houston, TX
OUR AVENGERS FAMILY
AVENGERS DETROIT, MI
AVENGERS HOUSTON, TX
Youth Council First Public Meeting 6/15/2022
We also would like to thank Fernway Outdoors and all of the mentors that offered tremendous support to our youth as they transitioned into manhood.
YOUTH BUSINESS PARTNERS RECRUITMENT SYMPOSIUMS
DETROIT, MICHIGAN 4/6/2023
MENTORING & TUTORING
SUMMER CAMPS & FUN OUTINGS
ENRICHMENT PROGRAMS & LIFE SKILLS
ATHLETICS & TRADE SKILLS
COMMUNITY EVENTS & OUTREACH
BANQUETS & FUNDRAISERS
OUR COMMUNITY PARTNERS
FBIC RESOURCE CENTER